tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pae Choi" <paec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3 + mod_ssl + mod_jk or mod_jk2 with EAPI under Windows
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:52:00 GMT
Seems like we are talking about two different releases. I am
talking about it for Win32 and you re for Unix/Linux. Am I
right?

AFAIK the Apache release for WIn32 is different scenario. I do
SSL-enabled Apache is only for Unix/Linux.

I believe that the orginal message was talking about Apache
on Win32 platform.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Pae

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 4:46 AM
Subject: RE: Apache 1.3 + mod_ssl + mod_jk or mod_jk2 with EAPI under
Windows

Apache 2.0 contains a modified version of mod_ssl.

mod_ssl is part of the binary distribution. (At least in
2.0.43, I don't have prior versions).

>From httpd-2.0.40/modules/ssl/README:

MAJOR CHANGES

 For a complete history of changes for Apache 2.0 mod_ssl, see the
 CHANGES file in the top-level httpd-2.0 directory.  The following
 is a condensed summary of the major changes were made between
 mod_ssl 2.x from Apache 1.3 and this mod_ssl version for Apache 2.0:

 o The DBM based session cache is now based on APR's DBM API only.
 o The shared memory based session cache is now based on APR's APIs.
 o SSL I/O is now implemented in terms of filters rather than BUFF
 o Eliminated ap_global_ctx. Storing Persistant information in
   process_rec->pool->user_data. The ssl_pphrase_Handle_CB() and
   ssl_config_global_* () functions have an extra parameter now -
   "server_rec *" -  which is used to retrieve the SSLModConfigRec.
 o Properly support restarts, allowing mod_ssl to be added to a server
   that is already running and to change server certs/keys on restart
 o Various performance enhancements
 o proxy support is no longer an "extension", much of the mod_ssl core
   was re-written (ssl_engine_{init,kernel,config}.c) to be generic so
   it could be re-used in proxy mode.
   - the optional function ssl_proxy_enable is provide for mod_proxy
     to enable proxy support
   - proxy support now requires 'SSLProxyEngine on' to be configured
   - proxy now supports SSLProxyCARevocation{Path,File} in addition to
     the original SSLProxy* directives
 o per-directory SSLCACertificate{File,Path} is now thread-safe but
   requires SSL_set_cert_store patch to OpenSSL
 o RSA sslc is supported via ssl_toolkit_compat.h
 o the ssl_engine_{ds,ext}.c source files are obsolete and no longer
   exist

For additional commands, e-mail: