tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Langan" <Michael.Lan...@gmit.ie>
Subject Startup Bootstrap error message
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:32:28 GMT
Hello.

Apologies for bringing up perhaps the oldest error in the book but I'm
a newbie at this and have searched everywhere for the solution and can
get no satisfactory explanation. When starting up tomcat the following
message is written to the catalina.out file;

org/apache/catalina/startup
/Bootstrap

The version of tomcat I'm using is 4.1.12, running on a Linux RedHat
7.2 server. I'm just trying to start up a single instance and have set
the CATALINA_HOME variable correctly. I have installed Java version
j2sdk1.4.1_01 and have also set the JAVA_HOME variable correctly. Still
no joy. Any ideas what to try next?

Reply to me privately if you like to avoid cluttering up the list.
Many thanks, Mike.