tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raj Mettai" <rmet...@broward.edu>
Subject RE: Index.jsp page in apache and tomcat config....
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:54:32 GMT
I didn't configure apache to include mod_rewrite during installation. I
have to redo the whole process of apache setup again to use mod_rewrite,
Instead I have created an index.html with javascript code(see below) in
it to redirect to index.jsp, it is working for me well so for.

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
var path = "";
wholeurl = document.location.href;
x = wholeurl.length;
while((wholeurl.substring(x,x-1)) != "/"){ x--; } clipstart = x;
path = wholeurl.substring(0,wholeurl.length
-(wholeurl.length-clipstart));
path += 'index.jsp';
location.href = path;
//-->
</script>

thanks a lot to everybody who helped me with this issue......

-Raj

>>> rsowders@usgs.gov 10/18/02 05:58PM >>>
Just for clarification,

Apache reads the LoadModule lines from the top down.  If you put the
LoadModule line for mod_jk to the end of that section then mod_rewrite
will be loaded first.

rls

"Turner, John" <JTurner@AAS.com>
10/18/2002 08:47 AM