tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raj Mettai" <rmet...@broward.edu>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 20:17:46 GMT
Hi all,

I have apache(2.0.39) and tomcat(4.0.4) configured on different solaris 8 machines using mod_jk.
I have two instances of tomcat running, each serving different jsp/servlet/bean application.
I see lot of OutOfMemory errors in tomcat logs after few hours, some times tomcat totally
crashes, if I do not restart. I am pretty much monitor java process using prstat and if the
memory reaches maximum value, I am restarting tomcat.

here is my jdk version...

java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

I have increased the heap size from 128M to 256M, it didn't help much other than running for
few more hours.

and currently I have set up 256M min and 256M max values for heap size.

I am wondering, is there any known issues with running tomcat4.0.4 under jdk1.3.1(build 1.3.1-b24,
mixed mode). ?

Is there any preferred jdk version(less memory leaks) for tomcat 4.0.4 ?

thanks in advance....

Raj