tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malachi de AElfweald <mala...@tremerechantry.com>
Subject Re: AW: HOWTO for Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.12 using mod_jk2
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:02:01 GMT
yeah, I just tried the jk/native2/configure script... it detected BSD ok,
and the linux JVM....  died at first on ltconfig saying that you had to specify
a hostname with --no-verify.  I put $ac_hostname after the --no-verify in the
configure script, and ltconfig said that kallisti.tremerechantry.com didn't exist.
So, I tried taking --no-verify out... still fails on the hostname... ripped that
back out...

then it gets down to:
no apxs given
no apxs2 given
checking...tomcat33... not provided
checking...tomcat40... not provided
checking...tomcat41... not provided
checking JDK...
checking Java platform...
os_type... linux
configure:error: Cannot find any WebServer

Very confusing...  So, I can build the mod_jk2.so normally with ant...
but that file doesn't work with Apache2... and can't seem to make it by hand...

Malachi