tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malachi de AElfweald <mala...@tremerechantry.com>
Subject Re: RE: RE: JK2 Installation
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:30:07 GMT
I'm sorry if that seemed a bit harsh -- it was not meant to be.  I had just read
a LOT of emails from you, and that was how it came across.

Originally, the problem I was having with FreeBSD was that if I tried to LoadModule
the mod_jk2.so, it said that pthread_mutex_unlock was unknown.  I did a lot of
investigation, and came to the conclusion that '-pthread' had to be added to the
CC flags.  In doing so, I have, as of yet, not been able to build mod_jk2.so anymore.
Not sure why. Can't figure it out.

Regarding the example you've shown.  I have seen that one repeatedly, and it only
applies to sockets. It does not apply to using the inprocess JNI, which I am trying
to use because Tomcat is REALLY slow, even locally on the LAN. That is supposed to
speed it up..... but, there is no example of configuring for it...

I might have to subscribe to the dev list.  I haven't, because I don't have the time
to spend on it...  I had previously been actively on the Ant development list, and it
was very time consuming.  I don't have that kind of time right now.  I know, in theory,
that it is supposed to be possible -- I just haven't figured out how yet.  Perhaps
I will join -dev so someone can tell me.

I didn't realize that page was the Goal.  I downloaded Tomcat, went to the online docs,
and started following directions.  I can get it to work standalone now, but have it shut
down because it is just too slow.  When I found the "why to use JK2", I thought it was more
like saying "Why use JDK1.4 over JDK1.02"....

Thanks for your reply, hopefully I will be able to figure this out.
Malachi