tomcat-users mailing list archives

From psalazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Re: TOMCAT + J2EE : HOW TO INTEGRATE?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:20:50 GMT
My approach was using J2EE1.3.1+TOMCAT 4.x. But your suggestion is
replacing J2EE1.3.1 with JBOSS. In that context, your sample refers to a
context where exists machine with a ISOLATED TOMCAT and a ISOLATED JBOSS
(that may have or not a TOMCAT embedded).

I'm telling this because your sample change some properties in JNDI. If
it was a embedded TOMCAT in JBOSS that setting properties are not
necessary, right? This is a general sample that applies in a distributed
environment (different machines), correct?

thx,
Pedro Salazar

ps. your tip was very helpful in pointing JBOSS (I didn't know it was
free), and in the code sample. Thx AGAIN!