tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar>
Subject WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE MULTIPLE TOMCAT SERVERS?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:04:52 GMT
Hi!
I thought there was an answer to this question in the list, but I've
searched in tons of mails and didn't find it.

The fact is that we are starting to work more seriously with tomcat and we
really don't know which can be the best way to work in a team.
We have tomcat 4.1.12 running on a RH73.  There will be one person working
in this machine.  There are 2 more machines, one with RH62 and the other
with Win98 (We are using X-Win32 for the win98 to execute linux
applicarions).
Well, all the applications are really running on the first machine, also
Tomcat.

The options:
1) have only one tomcat running on the RH73 and well...shout: "shut down
tomcat!!" (we don't like this option ;) ).
2) have 3 tomcats on the same machine and each of us using one of them.
3) have 1 tomcat and start it on 3 different ports (how can we do that?).
4) I heared about "zones" on tomcat that we can start and stop
separately...(I'm not sure).

I would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

-- Mauro