tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fawaz Ahmad <fah...@csce.uark.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat/IIS SSL
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 13:46:39 GMT
Hello,

I don't have any experience using SSL, but I have been reading up on it on
the web.  On the Apache website for Tomcat, it says that if you are using
tomcat with another server (I'm using IIS) you should implement SSL in IIS
rather than tomcat.  I went on the Microsoft site to read up on
implementing it on IIS and I couldn't find a simple way to implement a
self-signed certificate.  Does anyone know of a simple way to implement
this?  Is it possible to use the java keytool to generate the key and use
it in IIS?  How would IIS locate this key after it has been created?

Fawaz