tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Piavka <pia...@cs.bgu.ac.il>
Subject Re: load balancing with routing with mod_jk in cluster
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:32:58 GMT

 Bernd thanks for your reply.

 There is one more question i have.
 I have 3 nodes N1,N2,N3 each runs apache and tomcat. On node N1 i want
to run lb_worker1 which will route all requests between all nodes.
All apache servers will send requests to this lb_worker1.
On node N2 i want to run lb_worker2 which will start routing  all requests
between all nodes ONLY then lb_worker1 goes down.
I don't know if it is possible to make this configuration in
workers.properties file.
 As i see i on each node workers.proprerties file should have bl_worker
which will route requests between bl_worker1 bl_worker2. And bl_worker1
should have very high lbfactor and bl_worker2 very low:

worker.bl_worker.type=lb
worker.bl_worker.balanced_workers=bl_worker1,bl_worker2

but this is probably illegal as load balancers don't have lbfactor,
and balancers can't have other balancers in their balanced_workers
property.
 Please tell me if i can make the above scenario work.

 Thanks