tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frank Liu <>
Subject JDBC Driver Installation
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 21:06:59 GMT

for mysql jdbc driver, I just copied "mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar"
to the "tomcat/common/lib" directory and restart tomcat. the application
can find the driver without a problem. Is this the right way to install
the jdbc driver? or shall it copy it to the application's own
"WEB-INF/lib" directory? Which is the preferred way?

today when I try the same thing for the oracle jdbc driver "",
this trick doesn't work anymore. I have to rename it to "classes12.jar"
before I copy to "tomcat/common/lib". Am I doing something wrong or
this is the way? Why wouldn't oracle release it as "classes12.jar" then?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message