tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat/4 Apache/2 Mod_jk and SSL
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:17:55 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Jim Urban wrote:

> Ok, I got Tomcat (4.0.4) and Apache (2.0.43) talking to each other
> via mod_jk on W2K with JDK 1.3.0.  Now I have set up Apache to
> handle SSL requests (mod_ssl.so).  If I enter https://localhost
> <https://localhost/> I get a secure connection to the Apache default
> page (and the browserÂ’s secure flag is on).  However if I try to
> access a static page located in a Tomcat context via https I get a
> 404.  If I access the same static page located in a Tomcat context
> via http the page gets displayed just fine.  A am having the same
> problem with my servlets.  What do I have to do to get Apache to
> decipher SSL requests and then forward them to Tomcat?

Where are your Jk-directives in your httpd.conf file?  Probably
they're in the section that applies to the root instance.  You need to
replicate them (or whichever ones you want included) in the section
that applies to your ssl instance (which is probably set up as a
virtual host).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu