tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: servlet mapping help
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:28:39 GMT
On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Aryeh Katz wrote:

> > You didn't have to change workers.properties at all.
> >
> snip
> > So, you should have a line like this in httpd.conf:
> >
> > JkMount /examples/servlets/* ajp13
> >
> > And a few lines like this in workers.properties:
> >
> > worker.list=some-name
> > worker.some-name.port=8009
> > worker.some-name.host=your.host.com
> > worker.some-name.type=ajp13
> >
> I believe, I just don't see :-).

What do you have where "ajp13" is, and where "some-name" is?  Because
they need to match.  Because the second argument to JkMount is a
worker, the worker that should handle requests that match the URL
pattern given (in the first argument).  And the
worker.some-name.... settings define worker "some-name".

> Netstat shows a listener on 8009.
> Connecting to same url port 8080 behaves just fine.
> Only when I do a regular http request do I see problems (http error code 500,
> with the "did not find a worker" message in my jk log file).
>
> Here is my ajp13 snippet from server.xml
>
>     <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
>                port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

This looks OK -- the main thing is that it's enabled
(i.e. uncommented), and the port matches the port in the
workers.properties file -- the problem probably lies above.
Especially with that "did not find a worker" error message.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu