tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J.F. Noonan" <...@msc.com>
Subject Apache+Tomcat Configuration problems
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:29:23 GMT

OK, I'm about ready to scream.  Although I'm certain that I've
missed something appallingly simple, I have no idea what that
something is.

I have installed Tomcat tomcat4-4.1.12-full.2jpp.noarch.rpm on a
RH7.3 system.  I have compiled and installed Apache 1.3.27 with
mod_ssl, EAPI, and mod_so.  I have read through:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk/aphowto.html>

more times than I care to count.  I have in httpd.conf:

<IfDefine HAVE_JK2>
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
AddModule  mod_jk2.c
</IfDefine>

JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkMount  /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

but apachectl configtest gives:

"Syntax error on line 996 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'JkWorkersFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by
a module not included in the server configuration"

Any 'JkXyz' I put in the file does that, and so the server fails
to start.

The Tomcat server works fine standalone i.e.
http://blah.blah:8080/ brings up the expected servlet-ed content.

I have googled and read through archives, but I'm simply not
getting something right here.

I would be most grateful for any light anyone can shine on this
situation.

thx,

--

Joseph F. Noonan