tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject RE: mod_jk - Apache 2.0.43 - Tomcat 4.1.12 config issues on Solaris 8
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:50:18 GMT
It's all explained in the HowTo posted by John Turner.
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache2-tomcat404-howto.html  See step 3.

"Tref Gare" <TrefG@areeba.com.au>
10/23/2002 12:08 AM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: mod_jk - Apache 2.0.43 - Tomcat 4.1.12 config issues on Solaris
8

;-)
Thanks for your reply.

Many apologies,  my transcription efforts were not as good as they should
have been.
Rest assured that I didn't have any "wokers" in my workers.properties and
that the port etc was set.

However I'm confused by your first comment
<snip>
>Immediately following the <server port="8005" ..>

><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  modJk="/opt/apache_2/modules/mod_jk.so" jkDebug="info"
>  workersConfig="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/conf/jk/workers.properties"
>  jkLog="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/logs/mod_jk.log" />
>Then after <Host name="localhost" .. >
><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  append="true" />

You have the above reversed.  Change them around.

</snip>

You may not have read my more recent post detailing how these issues seem
to have been resolved by handling all the mod_jk.conf data directly into
httpd.conf.  However I'm still curious as to what you mean by "reversed".
Do you mean the ApacheConfig listener should be placed after the < server
Port=...> or that the listener classes are actually reversed.
?  This could make some sense given that after I stopped relying on the
auto confgured file all seems to have become well.

Regards

Tref Gare