tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: RE: RE: JK2 Installation
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 07:53:53 GMT
Once upon a time I got JDSK 1.3.1 and Apache 1.3.x and mod_jk to work just
fine.  Maybe you should fall back to using these.

But to answer you questions,

The linux binaries for mod_jk2 are at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.1/bin/linux/i386/
linux rpm here
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.1/rpms/

Have you checked the freebsd-java mailing list for some answers.  You
might get something working faster by going to the source for freebsd-java
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=mailing.freebsd.java

You should be able to get them to work under linux emulation, no matter
what package you use native or emulated.  You might have to check the
handbook on branding elf, I don't remember right now.

You might also try not using mod_jk and instead use mod_rewrite to
redirect all queries for the webapps to your tomcat installation on port
8080.  This was a common work around for those who didn't really want to
handle the mod_jk setup if they just have one or two apps.

As I said, I laid off the whole concept of integrating a servlet container
on my freebsd boxes.  I'm hoping that with the advent of FreeBSD 5 this
fall the whole porting attempt at a native installation will be further
along.  Back when I got it all installed it turned out to be too buggy for
a production operation at that time.  So I went with Solaris.  Now I'm
doing it on (horror of horrors) windows.  If they ever do get the bugs
worked out then I'll be the first to move to that platform.

rls

Malachi de AElfweald <malachi@tremerechantry.com>
10/07/2002 08:41 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"