tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: connector and tomcat 4.1.12 !!
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:10:13 GMT
The workers2.properties file is not an Apache config file, it is a mod_jk2
config file, that resides in the Apache/conf directory.

Apache itself knows nothing about Tomcat or classpaths.  Mod_jk or mod_jk2
connects them together and passes requests between them.  That's why they
call it a connector.

Jk itself requires config files, one for the Apache side
(workers2.properties for Jk2), and one for the java or Tomcat side,
(jk2.properties).  One is in the Apache/conf directory and the other is in
the Tomcat/conf directory.

For example, you could add more Tomcat instances with each listening on
different ports.  Jk needs to know what port that Tomcat is listening on
for any given request so when it gets a request from Apache it will know
where to send the request.

For your problem, jk2 can't find something it's looking for in Tomcat,
hence your error.  I'm guessing that it can't locate the classes in the
commons-logging.jar file because this was something that came up earlier
and the fix was to add the class path in the workers2.properties file. Now
all the examples of workers2.properties files all have the extra classpath
for commons-logging.jar.

rls

"Max" <max_sts@hotmail.com>
10/25/2002 06:10 AM