tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject RE: Apache/2 and Tomcat/4 not talking
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:00:26 GMT
I believe this was a "feature" of adding the JkAutoAlias functionality to
mod_jk, but I'm probably wrong.  The only person that does I guess is
Glenn N.

rls

Milt Epstein <mepstein@uiuc.edu>
10/25/2002 02:09 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Apache/2 and Tomcat/4 not talking

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Robert L Sowders wrote:

> Just for informational purposes, in case someone needs the info.
>
> you can't do a:
> /*/servlet/*
> but you can do a:
> /*/servlet/
>
> Notice just the one *.

Hmmm, why is that, anyone know?  Seems kind of an artificial/arbitrary
limitation.  And is it just for Tomcat?  I doubt it's part of the
servlet spec.

> Got this from:
>
> glenn       02/04/21 15:57:11
>
>   Modified:    jk/native/apache-1.3 mod_jk.c
>                jk/native/common jk_logger.h jk_uri_worker_map.c
jk_util.c
>                jk/doc   mod_jk-howto.html
>   Log:
>   Apache mod_jk 1.2 new features.
>
>   Added JkRequestLogFormat for Apache style request logging
>   including Tocmat request latency in seconds and microseconds.
>
>   Added JkAutoAlias, this can be used to automatically Alias
>   web application context directories so that static files
>   can be served by Apache instead of Tomcat.  When configured,
>   requests for a WAR file in the Tomcat appBase (webapps) directory
>   are forbidden.  Requests for the WEB-INF and META-INF directories
>   within a web application context dir are also forbidden and will
>   return an HTTP 403 error.
>
>   Added ability to JkMount so that /*/servlet/ can be used to
>   configure mod_jk to pass all servlet requests on to Tomcat
>   for any web application context.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.26      +521 -12
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/apache-1.3/mod_jk.c
>
> Please see
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=101942986517696&w=2 for
> complete commit.
>
> rls