tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Ganesh.K....@gsk.com>
Subject re: symbolic linking
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:25:18 GMT
Even the patch doesn't fix my problem. I guess I have not explained my
problem clearly. To be clear, I do not have my context outside
${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps. But ${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/stuff/WEB-INF/classes
directory is a symbolic link. My problem is, the classes underneath this
symbolic link are not getting loaded. Tomcat simply spews out
ClassNotFoundException while trying to deploy my servlet context. So the
question is should I be updating server.xml(which I tried unsuccessfully)
or is there a way to use allowLinking="true" in web.xml?

Thanks very much for the help,
Ganesh.

"Alexander Piavka" <piavka@cs.bgu.ac.il>

22-Oct-2002 09:05