tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kristján Rúnarsson" <kristjan.runars...@islandssimi.is>
Subject Upgrading from 3.2.1 to 4.0.6
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:25:06 GMT
First off Hello everybody!

I have been given the task of migrating from Tomcat 3.2.1 to 4.0.6. After
a lot of cussing I finally noticed that reference to port 8008 at the very
end of the server.xml and changed it to an unused port which means that I
have finally managed to get both the 3.2.1 and 4.0.6 servers working in
paralell so that I can Scr*w around with the webapp on the new server and
leave the old one chucking along presenting the webapp for my online
admirers.
NOW! Having reached this monumental milestone in my career as a Tomcat
Admin I figured copying the conf files (except for sever.xml of course) as
well as the entire webapps directory over to the 4.0.6 servers home
directory and backing up the origs would be enough. Simplistic I know! The
problem is I get a:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP status 404 - /foo/bar.jsp

Could some body comment on what might be wrong? Or better yet share from
the fountains of His/Her wisdom what one has to do to migrate from Tomcat
3.2.x to 4.0.x? Is it possible to port an app that ran on a Tomcat 3.2.1
to a Tomcat 4.0.6 with relatively little trouble or will I have to rewrite
a whole bunch of config files or worse still the webapp?

Kind Regards
KR