tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject RE: [HOWTO] VIRTUAL HOSTING, APACHE 2.0.43, JK2, TOMCAT 4.1.12
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:09:49 GMT
It's documented in the source or you could search for it at
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/, it's come up
before.

>From the src, mod_jk2.c
/**
 * Set a property associated with a URI, using native <Location>
 * directives.
 *
 * This is used if you want to use the native mapping and
 * integrate better into apache.
 *
 * Same behavior can be achieved by using uri.properties and/or JkSet.
 *
 * Example:
 *   <VirtualHost foo.com>
 *      <Location /examples>
 *         JkUriSet worker ajp13
 *      </Location>
 *   </VirtualHost>
 *
 * This is the best way to define a webapplication in apache. It is
 * scalable ( using apache native optimizations, you can have hundreds
 * of hosts and thousands of webapplications ), 'natural' to any
 * apache user.
 *
 * XXX This is a special configuration, for most users just use
 * the properties files.
 */

rls

"Colin Bendell" <cbendell@point2.com>