tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JensStu...@quidinfo.it
Subject Re: Should one process continue to grow on Linux???
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:33:08 GMT

For my experience, the Sun jdk 1.3.x on linux tend to grow infinitely with
tomcat. Try out the IBM JDK 1.3.1 or the newest Sun 1.4.1 (for servers i
use the IBM, it's seems more reliable and stable in its memory
consumption).

Regards,

Jens Stutte

                    "Brandon

                    Cruz"                To:     "Tomcat Users List"

                    <bcruz@norvax        <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Should one process continue to grow
on
                    24/09/2002           Linux???

                    01.25

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

We are running tomcat 3.2.4 connected to Apache on Linux RedHat 7.1.  We
are
using jdk1.3.1_01.  Recently, we have noticed that one process continues to
grow in the memory consumption and cpu usage.  If we do not restart tomcat,
the time this process shows to be running keeps getting bigger.  This is
not
the parent process created on startup, it is one of the child processes.
Is
this normal, or do we need to start checking our code?  Below is a sample
output of the process, showing that is has been running for 27:49 minutes.

root     17825  7.8 15.5 818396 77144 ?      S    13:10  27:49
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/bin/i386/native_threads/java -Dtomcat.home=/usr

Brandon

For additional commands, e-mail: <