tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rajinder.san...@sgib.com
Subject Regarding tomcat access logs !!
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:43:40 GMT

Hi All,

      Entires in my Tomcat access logs in  logs  directory  are like

              "127.0.0.1 - - [26/Aug/2002:16:22:53 5050] "GET /index.html
HTTP/1.1" 304 -"

      How can I find out what is logged after Remote_IP  or what
information  5050 is giving?
      Can any body tell me where the changes are to be made to reset the
values in this entry. For example if I want to log USER AGENT as well.

      By default it is also creating a new Text file daily for access logs
for eg.
            localhost_access_log.2002-10-09.txt
            localhost_access_log.2002-10-10.txt
            localhost_access_log.2002-10-11.txt

      Can I configure tomcat to write to same access log (Single file)
rather than creating new log file daily ?
      Are there any defined standards followed while writing to acess log
files by different commercial containers available in the market?

      Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Raj

Have you checked our new corporate website at  http://www.sgib.com ?

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a recommendation to
buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SGIB nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.