tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kristian A. Leth" <...@maerskdata.dk>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12 & IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19.3
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:32:51 GMT
I actually got TC4.1.12 LE working with IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19.3 (Powered
by Apache) on Windows 2000 Server, using the webapp module.
I would rather have had the jk2_mod  or jk_mod working, but after 5 hours
of debugging and searching logs for understandable errors I resorted back
to the webapp module,
which worked in the first deployment.

I downloaded webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows.zip
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/archives/v4.0/bin/webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows.zip)
Extracted libapr.dll and mod_webapp.so to my <server root>/modules

Modified httpd.conf :

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

<VirtualHost myserver:85>

      WebAppConnection testcon warp localhost:8081
      WebAppDeploy examples testcon /examples
      WebAppDeploy myapp testcon /webs/myapp
      WebAppDeploy tomcat-docs testcon /tomcat-docs

</VirtualHost>

TC server.xml :

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
     <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector
" port="8081" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="10" enableLookups="true"
appBase="webapps" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
     <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine" name
="Apache" debug="0">
       <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="
apache_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"/>
     </Engine>
  </Service>

I also just had to look for clashes between the ports used by the IBM admin
server ( default is 8008).

- BANG - There is a hole through!
I haven't tested scalability nor performance, so I might throw a bit more
time after jk2_module

>I'm having a bit troubles with configuring Tomcat 4.1.12 LE for use with
IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19.3 (Powered by Apache) on Windows 2000 Server.
>I'm trying to configure the connection through the webapp connector (
mod_webapp) - Is this the right track or am I tracing shadows ?
>If it's the right way to do it, I will get it working.

>If anyone has a fullblown how-to or just a couple of hints I would be very
glad to read it.

Regards

Kleth

Kristian A. Leth.
Systemsdeveloper, Maersk Data A/S.
Professionals are predictable;
the world is full of dangerous amateurs.