tomcat-users mailing list archives

From SAm...@gcr.com
Subject Servlet running/not running
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:33:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a newbie at Tomcat and would appreciate the help.

I have installed Tomcat 4.1.12. I have this directory structure for a
servlet. C:\Tomcat\webapps\myApp\WEB-INF\classes and the servlet name is
test. OK. When I try to see this servlet by
http://localhost:8080/myApp/servlet/test, I get this; "The requested
resource (/myApp/servlet/test) is not available. Now, if I copy the
test.class file to C:\Tomcat\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes, it works
(http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/test), which leads me to believe
that I need to do some tweaking with the configuration.

THREAT: I posted this question yesterday too but didn't get any reply.
Understand that I'm a Microsoft programmer trying to get on board with you
Java people and if you don't help me, I'll go back to working on good ol'
IIS.

 It's more of a threat to IIS actually :)

Thanks
Sohail Ahmed
GeneralCologne Re
Email:  Sohail_Ahmed@gcr.com