tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject RE: Documentation
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 10:10:45 GMT
Thanks for that Mr. McClanahan,

I've already been over those pages with a fine tooth comb and managed to
squeeze out what I was after.  The problem is just that, I had search for
it, and I've looked at it before for other things.  There is no direct
reference anywhere on it for submitting anything to the documentation,
much less how to work with and compile the documentation locally, how to
get it out of CVS, nothing.

At the very least the "how to contribute" page needs to be redone to make
it easier for everyone who has something to contribute to do it easily.  I
guess that's where I'll start.

Once again I'll say it.  Tomcat would really benefit from a documentation
project.  It's not rocket science, the wheel doesn't have to be invented.
There are already good examples of documentation projects to emulate if
not down right clone.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html

thanks again,