tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malachi de AElfweald <mala...@tremerechantry.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.4 on OS/390?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:23:32 GMT
The problem, from what I remember, was that OS/390 required that,
for Java, text files all be ASCII and binary files all be EBCDIC.
Could be wrong there... but .properties, .java, .txt, whatever...

UNLESS the program is written to use the codepage when loading
the information.... then it can be in EBCDIC... but rarely does
anyone do that.

Malachi