tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malachi de AElfweald <mala...@tremerechantry.com>
Subject Re: TOmcat 4.0.1 and JDOM b8
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:25:32 GMT
I apologize, but on closer inspection, I am not sure it will be in xerces...

The error says:
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet

and:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: TransformServlet, method: doGet signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V)
Incompatible object argument for function call

now, running 'java JWhich org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet' (JWhich can be found
at http://eoti.org/~malachi/java/jwhich.html), it says that class is located in
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat4.1.12/server/lib/servlets-invoker.jar

Now, I tried to find the class TransformServlet...  not an easy one to find, since we don't
know the package name... is it org.apache.xml, org.apache.xalan, javax.xml, javax.servlet,
etc...
I haven't been able to find it on my system....

My guess is that you have two copies of this file... but I am not sure where...

I wouldn't suggest replacing a FILE inside a jar... but figuring out which jar is causing
the conflict
and seeing if you can (temporarily) remove that conflicting jar to get the problem to go away...

Malachi

{