tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric LEFRANC <frederic.lefr...@emilio.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.12 compilation error
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:14:52 GMT
Just put on CLASSPATH c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar and c:\jdk1.3\lib\dt.jar

it will be better
fred

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Nirav.Shah@arvindmills.com [mailto:Nirav.Shah@arvindmills.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 25 octobre 2002 12:44
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : tomcat 4.1.12 compilation error

Dear All,

I am just newbie for tomcat 4.1.12 version. Recently I have installed it on
my NT Server. Now I have a problem to access classes through JSP files of
my Application.

Following is the structure of my application

webapps\myapp\*.jsp
webapps\myapp\WEB-INF\classes\*.class

Following is the error which I am getting.

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /checklogin.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

D:\Tomcat 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\opt\checklogin_jsp.java:44: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class Login
location: class org.apache.jsp.checklogin_jsp
      Login log = null;
      ^

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /checklogin.jsp

Generated servlet error:
D:\Tomcat 4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\opt\checklogin_jsp.java:46: cannot
resolve symbol
symbol  : class Login
location: class org.apache.jsp.checklogin_jsp
        log = (Login) pageContext.getAttribute("log",
PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);

The same structure was working fine in tomcat 3.x version.

Thanks in advance :)

Rgds
Nirav