tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Mildinhall" <>
Subject RealmBase Problem
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:23:36 GMT
This is the first time I have used mailing lists, so apologies if my
etiquette is bad! I am having a problem with

The background is that I am writing a Servlet that will update a user table
in my JDBCRealm. Part of this involves the encryption of passwords so that
they can be stored safely in the database. Although I have had no problem in
accessing this class outside Tomcat (using the command specified in the
Realm HOW-TO of the Tomcat documentation), I have been unable to access the
class from within my web app. I understand that this may be due to the class
loaders and the fact that the catalina.jar file is not in the
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib file. Does anyone know how I may be able to remedy
this so that I can access the static RealmBase methods from within my

Tom Mildinhall

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message