tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Arnold" <msali...@gmx.net>
Subject Multi-Threading and debugging in Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 01:54:32 GMT
Hi,

I just started tests with remote-debugging using JPDA with Tomcat 4.1.12 (Standard installation
on Linux, Sun JDK 1.3).
It seems to work fine, however, I noticed that while one request is sitting at a breakpoint,
all other requests seem to be blocked
until the debugged request is completed.
Since I always thought that Tomcat was multithreaded (and ps shows about 50 processes running)
this is surprising me.
Is this a configuration issue or is this just the price for being able to do the remote debugging?

I have not tested whether or not it is really multi-threading if I do not debug or  dont even
activate JPDA.

Can anyone explain why this happens?

Thanks,

MARK