tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Schulz" <>
Subject RE: LoadBalancing with session problem
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:08:21 GMT

Do I understand this correctly: you have two Apache servers and four tomcat

Please post the contents of your apache file and your
tomcat server.xml file.

You have to make sure that the worker name in the jvmRoute parameter of your
server.xml matches exactly the name of the worker as defined in (worker.list).

-----Original Message-----
From: Edmond Wong []
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:35 PM
Subject: LoadBalancing with session problem

Hi all,

I'm new to loadbalancing with apache and tomcat. I setting up the 2 apache
and 4 tomcat for loadbalancing environment. I experience that during some
heavy workload. The request will be forward to the wrong tomcat instance
even the worker name are appended to the sessionId (eg.greuiog.workerName)

my config is
Apache 1.3.26 Win32 on win2000
Tomcat 3.2.2 Win32
mod_ssl 2.8.10