tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "sunita desai" <sude...@cisco.com>
Subject How to avoid the Default HTTP header being sent from Servlet to Applet
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:13:33 GMT
Hi,
To explain my problem, I have a plaing Applet-Servlet communication.
The servlet just reads an backend socket connection contents and keeps
sending every 50 lines of information to the Applet.
And the applet after receiving every 50 lines, displays it in TextArea
without interpreting the data.And invokes the Servlet again as a URL.

Sometimes, the Servlet is sending the default header along with the data
as given below, which distorts the actual data coming from the Socket
connection.

And infact I have not explicitly set any extra headers in the Servlet,nor
the headers are being sent with every invocation of Servlet.
It happends randomly,Please give any pointers or suggestions as to how I can
avoid these HTTP headers being sent from the Servlet?

I appreciate any help in this regard,
Thanks in advance,
Sunita

The display output before and after the error looks like this:

h323-ivr-out=reroute-count:0
h323-ivr out=route:INCCARRIER|Z1_SP_NTKG|11011|0|2|Z1_HK_OP|Z1_HK_
OP1_TG2|11009|0|
Acct_in_octets:742
Acct_out_octets:806
Acct_in_packets:39

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:07:08 GMT
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)

5c
Acct_out_packets:46
1

62
Acct_session_time:20 secs
1

7d
h323-disconnect-time=10:54:56.709 EST Sun May 5 2002
1

63
h323-disconnect-cause=10
1

69
h323-remote-address=10.15.89.150
1

5d
h323-voice-quality=0
1

78
alert-timepoint=10:54:34.559 EST Sun May 5 2002
1

70
gw-rxd-cdn=ton:1,npi:1,#:00161414444756
1

76
gw-final-xlated-cdn=ton:1,npi:1,#:61414444756
1

73
gw-rxd-cgn=ton:4,npi:1,pi:0,si:1,#:8381756
1

59
info-type=speech
1