tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "neal" <nealcab...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: DBCP Woes!
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:21:37 GMT
Now I have some other strange error related to accessing my database.  Ever
since I started messing with thsi stuff my conneciton to my dB has been
flakey at best.  Sometimes it works ... sometimes it doesn't.

javax.naming.NamingException: Exception creating DataSource:
org.hsql.jdbcDriver

I don't even know where this class is defined or called!!!

>:(

Neal

Still having DBCP problems.

I ensured that all my connections, statements, and resulset objects
are being properly released when using DBCP for connection pooling. I've
enabled recoverAbandoned. It seems that yes I did have some connection pool
leaking,
but that has since been resolved.  But I still get this message (along with
failure) from time to time.  Does anyone know why?

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

This is a different message than I was getting when I was having problems
with the DBCP pool being exhausted.

Thanks!
Neal