tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Malachi de AElfweald <mala...@tremerechantry.com>
Subject Re: RE: JK2 Installation
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:56:57 GMT
Ok, I just read through 108 emails, mostly from this list.

I saw 1 message from Dave, and many from John telling everyone that JK2
is in beta, not to be trusted, use something else, read the list, don't
complain about the documentation, etc etc....

Yet, neither of you answered our questions.  I personally have posting
here regularly, trying to get this to work, and no one has yet been able
to tell me how.  Don't get me wrong, I have read the different files in
the connector download, read the online documentation, posted here, exhausted
google, emailed Network Admin friends of mine, emailed FreeBSD maintainers.

All I want is someone to tell me what I have to do to fix my problem.

1) I can't figure out how to get mod_jk2 to build on FreeBSD (using linux-sun-jdk14 and
Apache2.0.42 and Tomcat 4.1.12). In the last 4 days, I somehow built mod_jk2.so once,
but then it complained about pthreads... I figured out that I need to add "-pthread"
to the CC flags.... but now it won't build the .so files -- even if it says it does, they
aren't there.

2) What is the correct way to use the inprocess-jni?  None of the examples use that.

3) What is the correct way to do the worker2.properties when dealing with Apache VirtualHosts?

Oh, and by the way, as to John's question about why I am using JK2... The JK/JK2 documentation
states that it is designed for Apache2, might support JDK 1.4 NIO at some point, and is better
at JNI -- which I am doing all of those things.

Thanks,
Malachi