tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kunal Shah" <kunals...@icenet.net>
Subject what is RequestDumperValve
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:28:55 GMT
Hi all,

I was going through the comments in server.xml of tomcat application server
Here is snippet of the comments

"<!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful debugging information about
           the request headers and cookies that were received, and the
response
           headers and cookies that were sent, for all requests received by
           this instance of Tomcat.  If you care only about requests to a
           particular virtual host, or a particular application, nest this
           element inside the corresponding <Host> or <Context> entry
instead.

           For a similar mechanism that is portable to all Servlet 2.3
           containers, check out the "RequestDumperFilter" Filter in the
           example application (the source for this filter may be found in
           "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters").

           Request dumping is disabled by default.  Uncomment the following
           element to enable it. -->
      <!--
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
      -->
      "

I uncommented <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/> but I don't know
where to look for the debugging information dumped by this class

Please guide me

Thanks & regards,

Kunal