tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: need help to configure tomcat
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:40:22 GMT
Default port is 8080.

Regards,

Phillip Qin

Software Developer
Canadian Shareowner
121 Richmond Street W, 7th Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 2K1
(416) 595-9600 ext 291

-----Original Message-----
From: Parvick [mailto:parvick@rediffmail.com]
Sent: October 31, 2002 12:52 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: need help to configure tomcat

Hello, Good afternoon! I'm Parvinder Singh here, I would like to
use tomcat server for running JSP pages and other java
technologies that are supportted by it.  I have used
Javawebserver2.0 for running JSP pages.  But SUN Microsystems
itself recommend using TOMCAT.

I have downloaded a bundle of "jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1.zip" which I
have extracted into a folder called "C:\tomc". Then I set
JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3 and then I run startup.bat file from
"c:\tomc\jakarta\bin" folder.

NOw when I goto internet explorer and type http://localhost it
does not shows anything that means tomact server is not installed
or its not running so tell me pls. how do i configure it so that
it starts operating for using the java technologies.

Please help me.  Tell me if I have to download anything in
addition?

avidly waiting for your reply.

Parvinder singh.