tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: JDBC driver class 'null' error
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:21:14 GMT
Rename jdbc driver package to .jar and put in common/lib

Regards,

Phillip Qin

Software Developer
Canadian Shareowner
121 Richmond Street W, 7th Floor
Toronto, ON M5H 2K1
(416) 595-9600 ext 291

-----Original Message-----
From: Sinclair, Alan (CORP, GEAccess) [mailto:alan.sinclair@geaccess.com]
Sent: October 28, 2002 5:54 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JDBC driver class 'null' error

Tried that, same error. Thanks anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vic A [mailto:marauder_77@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 3:20 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

../common/lib is classes used for internal tomcat processes that need to be
shared.  Try putting the JDBC driver in ../shared/lib

Victor Albisharat
marauder_77@hotmail.com

-------------------
From: Sinclair, Alan (CORP, GEAccess)
Subject: JDBC driver class 'null' error
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:39:52 -0800

Hi,

Tomcat V4.1.12

Trying to setup a connection pool to Oracle and get the following error:
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

The Oracle classes12.jar file has been copied into ../common/lib  I checked
that the oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver class specified in the server.xml
JDBC data resource is present in the jar file

Any ideas why Tomcat cannot find the JDBC driver ?

Thnaks for any help.