tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sam Seaver" <samsea...@hotmail.com>
Subject unable to read() request.getInputStream
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:42:07 GMT
Im using TomCat 4.1.12 (Standalone) on redhat linux 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7-10):

jsp:

<form action="jguru.jsp" enctype="MULTIPART/FORMDATA" method=post>
<input type="file" name="fileName" value="/home/seaver/txts/letter.txt"  />
<jsp:useBean id="xmlHandler" class="com.jguru.SimpleBean">
<jsp:setProperty name="xmlHandler" property="fileName" />
</jsp:useBean>
<%
xmlHandler.doUpload(request);
%>

bean:

blah blah..............

public void doUpload(HttpServletRequest request) throws IOException {
	ServletInputStream in = request.getInputStream();
	int len = request.getContentLength();
	byte[] line = new byte[len];
	PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter
	    ("/home/seaver/Demo.out")));

	pw.print("Demo.out body\n");

	try {
	    int offset = 0;
	    do {
		int inputLen = in.readLine(line, offset, len-offset);
		if(inputLen <=0){
		    String msg = "read finished early - read "+
			offset+" of "+len+" bytes (contentLength)";
		    throw new IOException(msg);
		} else {
		    pw.print(line);
		}
		    offset += inputLen;
	    } while ((len-offset)> 0);
	}catch(IOException e){
	    throw e;
	}

	pw.close();
    }

all i get, when I submit the file, is this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: read finished early - read 0 of 60 bytes
(contentLength)

which is programmed IN my bean, but the number of different ways ive tried
to get the HTTP Request to print out to a file has not given me anymore than
a -1, or even jumbled data.

i've read a lot about tomcat's inability to parse multipart, but what should
I do?

"JC Rules"