tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject 4.1.x In Production [Was: Re: Tomcat Scalability - Long]
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:55:41 GMT
Hi,

>  I would say Tomcat 4.1.x probably would be good for you mainly if you
>uses lots of Taglibs, if they actually will work on it.
>  Btw, I'm still using 4.0.x... how everybody is doing with 4.1.x? I
>heard is too much buggy for production right now.

We're using 4.1.10-LE and 4.1.12-LE in production.  It's been good and
stable, except for one bug, but it's an annoying one: something in our
HTTP headers trips the 32K buffer size limit, and so we get an
ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception from one of the internal Coyote classes
sometimes.

The good news is that if you look closely at the test milestone from
yesterday, 4.1.13, there's an item addressing the above ;)  Buffer size
increased to 48K.  I downloaded and setup a couple of 4.1.13 test
servers yesterday and I'm having our QA team run some tests against them
to attempt to duplicate the exception above.  So far, so good, no
exception.

I'd be interested to hear if other people have seen the above exception
when using 4.1.x.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics