tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Oracle connection pooling
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:15:14 GMT
Hi,

>             <parameter>
>               <name>maxActive</name>
>               <value>5</value>
>             </parameter>
>             <parameter>
>               <name>maxIdle</name>
>               <value>3</value>
>             </parameter>
>             <parameter>
>               <name>maxWait</name>
>               <value>-1</value>
>             </parameter>

The above to me suggests that the initial value could be 0.  The above
doesn't force pre-creation of any connections on server startup.

>have I missed ?  Where does Tomcat write the JDBC logging info - there
is
>nothing in logs/catalina.out     I presume when Tomcat starts, the db
>connections should be initiated with the database but there are none.
>have no idea where to go from here.

Try setting the relevant debug="0" statements to debug="99" in your
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.  Then you should get a lot more
information on what tomcat is trying to do and any errors it may run
into.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics