tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: MBeans?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:40:06 GMT
Howdy,
What kind of bean what you like to add so that tomcat knows about it?

In the (current) tomcat world, there are two kind of MBeans: its own and
yours.  Yours are under your webapp, visible only to you, and tomcat
doesn't want to have anything to do with them.  Its own MBeans are
visible only to it, and you shouldn't have anything to do with them.
This might change in the future.

JBoss supports a nice dynamic MBean model.  It may be more suitable for
your task.  Which goes back to the original question, what exactly are
you trying to do?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics