tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tam, Michael" <m...@PFC.Forestry.CA>
Subject RE: ARG! Moved all my classes into a pakcage and now jsp's cannot findthem
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:50:46 GMT
When you invoke the servlet, you probably need to name the servlet the full
name e.g. com.syrrx.changemgmt.myservlet.

It maybe easier it you provide the servlet-mapping in your deployment
descriptor such that the url can be named in a shorter form.

Hope this help.

cheers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carson, Chuck [mailto:Chuck.Carson@syrrx.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 3:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: ARG! Moved all my classes into a pakcage and now jsp's
cannot findthem

Okay, I have placed changemgmt.jar into WEB-INF/lib, restarted tomcat. I
saw this in the log
file:localhost2002-10-28.log:WebappLoader[/changemgmt]: Deploy JAR
/WEB-INF/lib/changemgmt.jar to
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/webapps/changemgmt/WEB-INF/lib/changemg
mt.jar

When I submit a jsp form that calls this servlet it throws a class not
found exp. and it then makes the servlet unavailable:
localhost2002-10-28.log:StandardWrapper[/changemgmt:AddNewChange]:
Marking servlet AddNewChange as unavailable

The servlet is in a package called com.syrrx.changemgmt, in the jsp file
I import com.syrrx.changemgmt.*. This servlet worked fine when it
existed as a standalone class in WEB-INF/classes

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
Chuck