tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tam, Michael" <m...@PFC.Forestry.CA>
Subject RE: ARG! Moved all my classes into a pakcage and now jsp's cannot find them
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:58:58 GMT
If you use class files then they should go in /classes and if you do want to
use jar you have to put it in /lib.

cheers,
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Carson, Chuck [mailto:Chuck.Carson@syrrx.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 2:54 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: ARG! Moved all my classes into a pakcage and now jsp's cannot
find them

I had several classes in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/changemgmt/WEB-INF/classes.

I then added them all to a package called com.syrrx.changemgmt. I then
created
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/changemgmt/WEB-INF/classes/com/syrrx/changemgmt and
moved all the files there.

I then created a jar file here:
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/changemgmt/WEB-INF/classes/changemgmt.jar

I then modified all jsp files to import this package, and that much
works. However, a jsp form cannot find a servlet that is in the new
package.

I added TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/changemgmt/WEB-INF/classes/changemgmt.jar to
my classpath and the server classpath.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
CC

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.