tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Riess" <sd...@selltec.de>
Subject Chicken and the egg
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 16:52:21 GMT
Hi there,

Situation: I built a working configuration of Apache 2.0.35, Tomcat 4.0.4
and mod_jk, now I want to update my system.

I downloaded Apache 2.0.43, downloaded mod_jk2 binary ... just for 2.0.42,
so I downloaded the source ... libtool doesn't know -lapr ... tried to
default to mod_jk ... Tomcat 4.1.12 seems to support jk2 ONLY ... so now I'm
stuck.

Does anybody know a HOWTO that covers the two basic steps:
1. Integrate mod_jk2 in Apache 2.0
2. Get Tomcat to use jk2 (apparently this is the easier job ;-))

Sorry, the procedure is VERY complicated for users who don't do this
everyday. Actually, it is complicated because no documentation exists AND
the binary builds of Apache/jk/jk2 are NEVER compatible.