tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Riess" <sd...@selltec.de>
Subject AW: jk2 uri mapping of SSL vhost
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:33:42 GMT
Just for clarity: I have an webapp that should work with or without SSL, so
I need a way to map URIs to that webapp without regard of the virtual host
it comes from. Alternatively, I could use two mappings for the two vhosts
(the default and the SSL host), but anyway: I would appreciate for any
suggestion for the right wk2.properties definitions.

Here's my guess #1 (doesn't work)

[uri:192.168.42.42:*/xyz/*]

and guess #2 (doesn't work either)

[uri:192.168.42.42:80/xyz/*]
[uri:192.168.42.42:443/xyz/*]

Tried using * instead of IP (you guessed right ... doesn't work).

Mike

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mladen Turk [mailto:mturk@mappingsoft.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2002 20:11
An: 'Tomcat Users List'; riess@selltec.de
Betreff: RE: jk2 uri mapping of SSL vhost

If you declared host with
[uri:*:443]
Meaning any (virtual)hostname having port 443 then you have to specify
the mapping for such host.

Use the
[uri:*:443/xyz/*]

Since you have declared host:port combination all the uri mappings needs
to be prefixed by that host:port.
This behavior is intentional cause you may wish not to map any context
on that host:port combination.

MT.

For additional commands, e-mail: