tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tref Gare" <>
Subject RE: mod_jk - Apache 2.0.43 - Tomcat 4.1.12 config issues on Solaris 8
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:08:43 GMT
Thanks for your reply.
Many apologies,  my transcription efforts were not as good as they should have been.
Rest assured that I didn't have any "wokers" in my and that the port etc
was set.
However I'm confused by your first comment
>Immediately following the <server port="8005" ..>

><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  modJk="/opt/apache_2/modules/" jkDebug="info"
>  workersConfig="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/conf/jk/"
>  jkLog="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/logs/mod_jk.log" />
>Then after <Host name="localhost" .. >
><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  append="true" />

You have the above reversed.  Change them around.
You may not have read my more recent post detailing how these issues seem to have been resolved
by handling all the mod_jk.conf data directly into httpd.conf.  However I'm still curious
as to what you mean by "reversed".  Do you mean the ApacheConfig listener should be placed
after the < server Port=...> or that the listener classes are actually reversed.
?  This could make some sense given that after I stopped relying on the auto confgured file
all seems to have become well.
Tref Gare