tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tref Gare" <>
Subject RE: mod_jk - Apache 2.0.43 - Tomcat 4.1.12 config issues on Solaris 8
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 05:36:07 GMT
In the hope that someone can clarify how this has worked or that this will help someone else,
 I seem to have resolved the issue we were having getting mod_jk working with Apache 2.0.43
and Tomcat 4.1.12.
As far as I can make out the problem was associated with the automatically configured mod_jk.conf.
I was originally following the (some may say) lazy route of getting apache to create the mod_jk.conf
file automatically and then including it in the http.conf.  However the generated file was
placing all of the JkMount instructions within a <Virtual Host localhost> tag.  I was
including this file immediately below the DSO LoadModules area of httpd.conf.
On a bit of a whim (having no hair left to tear out) I manually added the data within mod_jk.conf
to the httpd.conf.
More particularly I added the following beneath the DSO LoadModules section:
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module modules/

then I added the basic jk commands to the very end of httpd.conf (ie: after everything else)
JkWorkersFile "/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/conf/jk/"
JkLogFile "/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel debug

JkMount /examples/* ajp13
JkMount /examples ajp13
For reasons I'm almost entirely unclear about this configuration now works fine.
As I say.  If anybody can clarify why I'd rest easier, but in the meantime it may help some
other poor soul.
Tref Gare