tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Demmon, Jeffrey" <jeffrey.dem...@attws.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12 -- cannot deploy custom Realm
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:30:04 GMT
I have a webapp with built in authorization logic.  The approach to
authorization is both
integral and local to the webapp.  (Actual authorization takes place via a
remote server
in a large Enterprise-level environment.  The overall method of integration
to the external
global Enterprise level is local to this webapp.)

The custom Realm code is a part of the webapp.  It would be both impractical
and illogical
to separate the authorization code from this particular webapp.

The custom Realm must be deployable with the webapp.  Unfortunately I get a
class-not-found
error unless the custom Realm is deployed in server/, which is not practical
unless the entire
webapp is also deployed there.

The server.xml file allows one to effectively declare an app level custom
Realm.  But there appears
to be no way to actually deploy a Realm at the app level.

Is there another approach I can use for app level deployed custom
Realm/authorization code?

Any and all help is really appreciated.

Jeff Demmon
AT&T Wireless