tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carson, Chuck" <Chuck.Car...@syrrx.com>
Subject ARG! catalina.out suddently grows to 6mb at server start
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:34:57 GMT

Until today, a fresh start of my tomcat server (4.2.1 using jdk
1.3.1_05) yielded a cataina.out file with only a few lines. Now all of
the sudden immediately after startup it is nearly 6 megs in size. The
only thing that I have been playing with is a log4j init servlet that
runs under two of my web apps (and is loaded unpon startup). Here is a
sampling of what catalina.out contains:

endElement(,,web-app)
  match='web-app'
  bodyText=''
  Fire body() for org.apache.catalina.startup.SetPublicIdRule@349471
  Popping body text ''
  Fire end() for org.apache.catalina.startup.SetPublicIdRule@349471
endDocument()
setDocumentLocator(org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser$LocatorPr
oxy@3a5794)
startDocument()
resolveEntity('-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN',
'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd')
 Resolving to alternate DTD
'jar:file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/common/lib/servlet.jar!/javax
/servlet/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd'
startElement(,,web-app)
  Pushing body text ''
  New match='web-app'
  Fire begin() for org.apache.catalina.startup.SetPublicIdRule@349471
ignorableWhitespace(
)
endElement(,,web-app)
  match='web-app'
  bodyText=''
  Fire body() for org.apache.catalina.startup.SetPublicIdRule@349471
  Popping body text ''
  Fire end() for org.apache.catalina.startup.SetPublicIdRule@349471
endDocument()

Any ideas,
Thx,
Chuck

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.